The Glam Metal Rock Band Scarlett Gypsy has garnered the attention of fans and critics alike with the unveiling of their eagerly awaited debut album - All Access ' available now on Amazon, iTunes, CDbaby and Bandcamp.
The bevy of sub-genres associated with glam metal and hard rock have often given birth to one-off bands and songs, but rarely is there an entire band assembled with the primary purpose of getting in a room together to watch what happens when their respective creative juices blend into an album like All Access. Well, Scarlett Gypsy is one band that delivers it straight with the volume cranked up high.
Scarlett Gypsy is an American Rock Band originating from York, Pennsylvania with David Mathew on Lead Vocals, Steve Ray on Guitar & Vocals, Robert Douglas on Bass and Scotty Scarlett on Drums & Vocals. Together these four combined create a great new refreshing sound of old school rock complete with blazing guitar riffs, melodic vocals and infectious hooks.
The 2014 debut album delivers old school rock, ballads and wild party rock'n choruses for all new glam metal heads and rockers alike to enjoy. Boldly combining elements of raw rock with glam fueled gritty guitar riffs, melodic vocals and all-around high-octane music, this Gypsy Band is determined to please every fan's need to rock-out on hot summer nights to catchy hooks, fist-pumping party-rock choruses and rhythmically loose powerful rock music.
Visit YouTube to view all of Scarlett Gypsy's Music Videos - www.youtube.com/user/ScarlettGypsyBand
Make sure to visit the Scarlett Gypsy social media sites for more photo's and their latest news and updates.
Album - ALL ACCESS
1. Don't Play Games With Love
- This song is about someone playing games while in a relationship and teasing another for attention instead of love. The song drives home the sexy tone and grooving rhythm of Scarlett Gypsy music.
2. When You See Me
- A fan favorite "power ballad" about questioning your feelings of being in love. Our guitar player (Steve) sings lead on this song which is very emotional at the end.
3. Black Betty
- A huge crowd pleaser,-this is a remake of the song "Black Betty" that our guitar player Steve brought to the band and we made it our own (Scarlett Gypsy version). Some sources claim the song is derived from an 18th-century marching cadence about a flint-lock musket with a black painted stock; the "bam-ba-lam". Other sources give the meaning of "Black Betty" (from at least 1827) as a liquor bottle that may ultimately owe its origin to a famous pretty black barmaid. This isn't your old Ram Jam version either.
4. Is This Love
- A radio ready rock anthem about meeting a new girl and deciding if it is a real feeling of love or is it just another one night stand.
5. Without Your Love (Not In Love Together)*
- A dark 'power ballad' about not knowing what you got until it's gone away and you don't have it anymore.
- This is the first song that the band wrote and recorded together and the version is the actual demo that was released as a single B-side on a cassette back in 1991. The song is about picking yourself up after a breakup and being tough enough to get back out into the game and moving forward. The song is centered around the band going out on the town and drinking some shots and looking for love.
7. Don't Forget My Name
- A song about meeting someone on a trip over the summer and wondering if they will remember your name as you both go your separate ways but want to be together.
8. Luv'n Shuv'n
- A song about hooking-up with someone you've been desiring. The song has a sexy groove which drives home a thumping rock back-beat feeling of needing it, wanting it and having to get some Luv'n Shuv'n tonight.
Scarlett Gypsy is David Mathew on Lead Vocals, Steve Ray Plonk on Guitar & Vocals, Robert Douglas on Bass and Scotty Scarlett on Drums & Vocals.
Produced, Recorded and Mixed by - Mike Musmanno, Pete Kogler* & Scarlett Gypsy
Recorded at Block Studios, Pipe Dream Studios* & Sound Works Studio*
Mastered By CJ Jacobson for Audio Mastering and Mixing