MelodicRock Classics is excited to announce a partnership with singer/songwriter/producer STEVEN McCLINTOCK to release a pair of phenomenal melodic rock records to feature the acclaimed singer’s voice.
With over 40 years as a successful musician, singer, songwriter, publisher, producer & manager, Steven McClintock is the owner and driving force behind 37 Records and Management. With over 350 cuts and over 25 films and dozens of TV shows to his credit, Steven is also very involved in publishing with Tim James at McJames Music Inc. with writers like Stephen Petree, Chad Petree, Jeremy Dawson from Shiny Toy Guns and Grammy nominee songwriter Pamela Oland.
The second record in the partnership with Steven is something that will excite many fans of classic hands-in-the-air 80s anthems. Steven McClintock the voice behind many cult 80s action films, the voice of the feel good soundtracks that these films championed through the best decade ever.
For years now, many of these songs have been traded over the internet and featured on YouTube, with audio taken directly from the movies themselves or other poor-quality sources.
But now gathered in one place are all the legendary tunes from such movies as Deadly Prey, The Bounty Hunter, Space Mutiny, Born Killer, Nightwars and more…
Curated by MelodicRock Classics over two discs for a free-flowing selection of melodic rock anthems and heartfelt ballads, Steven McClintock’s Soundtrack Heroes is a real treat for fans of 80s rock and 80s action films. Included are a couple of never before released songs, which never featured in films, adding value to the collection.
Tim James Auringer comments on the writing partnership: “After placing a song in one of David A. Prior’s movies In late 1986, David called and asked if we knew how to score a movie. Having never scored a movie before we of course said, “yes”. That began a crash course in film scoring and a journey of composing music and placing over 60 songs in 20 films for David A. Prior and Action International Pictures. Steven McClintock and I solicited the assistance of some friends (Mark Mancina, Garm Beall and Tim Heintz) who had also, naturally, never scored a motion picture before.
Some of these films have gone on to become cult classics, such as Deadly Prey and Space Mutiny. The later becoming one of the favorite “Mystery Science Theater” episodes of all time.
Sadly, David A. Prior passed away a few years ago, but his films continue to be shown all around the world on late night TV. We had fun working on these films and thank David for the opportunity to be involved in so many of his movies.”
‘Soundtrack Heroes’ is another gem from the archives, one which MelodicRock Classics is excited to bring to fans.
Masters were supplied by Steven, with MRC’s JK Northrup remastering expertise again at work.
STEVEN McCLINTOCK ‘Soundtrack Heroes’ will be available for CD Pre-Order and Advance Digital Audio Delivery from this Friday January 14, with CDs shipping to fans during February.
Track Listing (and movie featured in):
01. Turn On The Night (Chase) 4:16
02. When Love Breaks (Crossing The Line Theme) 3:55
03. Edge Of A Dream (Space Mutiny) 3:55
04. Never Say Die (Deadly Prey: Deadliest Prey) 3:01
05. Running With The One I Love (Chase) 3:02
06. Do You Remember Love (Rage To Kill) 3:15
07. It’s Only Love (Rapid Fire) 3:13
08. Read My Lips (Lost Platoon Theme) 3:14
09. I Believe In The Battle (Hell On The Battleground) 4:16
10. Is It Really Love (Code Name Vengeance) 3:27
11. Long Thin Line (Born Killer) 3:39
12. You’re A Mystery (Previously Unreleased) 3:09
13. For A Moment (Rage To Kill) 4:08
14. Maybe Love (Jetsons: The Movie) 3:46
01. Freedom (Mankillers) 3:29
02. Keep This Motor Running (Born Killer) 4:16
03. Just A Little (Bounty Hunter) 2:39
04. Chase Theme (What’s Going On) 3:07
05. Forbidden 3:10
06. Here You Are (Chase) 3:17
07. Talk To Me (Previously Unreleased) 3:17
08. Home (Hell On The Battleground) 3:58
09. Shadow Of A Doubt (Operation Warzone) 4:26
10. This Fire (Operation Warzone) 2:52
11. I Dream (Bounty Hunter Theme) 3:37